Lost *Spoilers*

Elite Effect (Jon)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Lost. I thought last night's episode was pretty neat, how it appears that the two timelines are bleeding into eachother. It seems like the people from the new timeline are realizing that something is off, like this isn't supposed to be the way they are. I also like how sometimes they'll have the characters do something that they did in the original timeline, only under slightly different circumstances. Like the stadium where Jack and Desmond met, in the new timeline is where Penny and Desmond met. The Richard Alpert episode was really good as well.

The last two episodes sucked. I would figure they would be trying to rapped it up sooner make it more intense but it has been so boring. So far the last season has been a major let down. The only episode I have enjoyed from this season is Richards. Other then that it has sucked.

It's got nothing holding it together. I mean everything in previous episodes happened and it gave you hints certain things might happen, gave you cliff hangers etc. Now it's just each person comlpaining about something, or a flash side ways to the other time frame which is getting old. Really I think what ruined it for me was last season. The whole time travel thing seemed like they were just trying to buy time. Time travel seasons hardly ever work. This season just seems like they are stalling. Trying to fill gaps until they can reveal something. I want to see what is going on, on the island. I don't care about the alternate time line etc. Flashbacks are okay, but to me the alternate time line just seems like a waste. Especially if it ends up being fixed and it really didn't matter then it was a def waste.

I think the alternate time lines are parables about opportunities of true love lost. True love in anything and everything, Not just relationships.

Agreed. I think everyone has lost love in the LA X, except the man that lost the most on the island. Locke still has Helen in the LA X and seems to have worked through the wheelchair issues he had previously. As things go along I think people will have a choice to make and none of them are truly ready to make those choices, yet. Even Eloise is making a choice honestly. If she decides to let everything go back to the way it was (Which she obviously knows about) she would have killed her son. I am honestly not sure anymore how it will all play out.

I do like to see that almost every character from the original island time shows up in LA X in some form or another. Not sure if anyone noticed, but here's a few things I did:

• Desmond's driver (George Winkowski, I think) was the communications guy from the freighter
  • Desmond's nurse was the same nurse that took care of Hurley in the mental hospital
  • Penny's last name was Milton, which alludes to the author of Paradise Lost, John Milton
  • The bomb in 1977 obviously did set the LA X events in motion

I'm not really sure what people really want out of the final season. Things have to be wrapped up and Lindelof and Cuse are working through almost everything and I think they're doing a really good job. Think about how many things are left in question for them to answer in 21 episodes. It would be tough for anyone to do it and make everyone happy.

I agree with TC, and Spawn about the whole love thing. It makes quite a bit of sense. So far, I'm really happy with the final season. Each episode leaves me wanting more, so that's a good thing. I just hope they wrap everything up good, I would hate to have put this much time into Lost, and it end like The Sopranos.

:mellow:

Lost was a hard sell for me, but after hearing so much about it, I checked out all of the episodes on ABC.com last year and got all caught up. I'm hooked now, and I'm not necessarily disappointed in the new season, but they are really doing their best to make it as complicated and confusing as possible.

I skimmed most of the posts, because I haven't seen last night's episode yet. Got it recorded though. I'll prolly watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Okay, there were some wtf moments in tonight's episode. I can't believe Ilana just blew up like that lol, and secondly, I kind of wasn't expecting Desmond to get thrown down a super deep well, and finally, I don't understand why alternate Desmond ran over Locke, unless he thought he was the smoke monster or somehow connected to it because of his other memories.

It was still a pretty neat episode, though. I can't believe there are only 5 episodes left in the series!

Okay, there were some wtf moments in tonight's episode. I can't believe Ilana just blew up like that lol, and secondly, I kind of wasn't expecting Desmond to get thrown down a super deep well, and finally, I don't understand why alternate Desmond ran over Locke, unless he thought he was the smoke monster or somehow connected to it because of his other memories.

It was still a pretty neat episode, though. I can't believe there are only 5 episodes left in the series!

It's pretty easy t figure out, he ran over Locke to re-enact Locke getting thrown out of the plane, Locke on the ground after he got ran over he looked exactly like season 1 episode 1 after the plane crashed. I agree though, definitely the worst episode of the season yet.

"I had a chance to chat with JJ Abrams a little while back, and one of the fun things for the Lost team in the creation of that show was that they hadn’t mapped it all out. But they knew what they’d done in the past, and they knew what people were guessing, by reading the forums, and they were trying to have fun with expectations: pay off a mystery, or throw a wrench into the whole thing. They were having fun painting themselves into corners and then getting out again."

And then someone commented about what Randy Pitchford said about Lost...

""one of the fun things for the Lost team in the creation of that show was that they hadn’t mapped it all out."

This approach injured the show when everyone watching began to realise the writers had no idea what they were doing and a once suspenseful mystery suddenly became utter bollox. No longer was I being whisked along on a magical ride, instead I was sitting shotgun with a blind man driving and I felt this insulted my intelligence and the time i'd invested in the show previously."

And then someone commented about what Randy Pitchford said about Lost...

""one of the fun things for the Lost team in the creation of that show was that they hadn’t mapped it all out."

This approach injured the show when everyone watching began to realise the writers had no idea what they were doing and a once suspenseful mystery suddenly became utter bollox. No longer was I being whisked along on a magical ride, instead I was sitting shotgun with a blind man driving and I felt this insulted my intelligence and the time i'd invested in the show previously."

I think the way to approach this show is like any other: Enjoy the ride and don't over think it at all. I'm just enjoying the ride and the literary/philosophical references. Once in a while I like to guess where they are going...As i guessed with Locke's body. I think a we shall see approach is better than any other.

Did you read what Pitchford said? He said they listen to the audience and pay attention to what they think is going on. Then they're able to pull an M.Knight, so you're all mostly wrong.

It's a choose your own adventure, with someone else in charge of the pages.

If it's fun and you enjoy it, that's cool with me. I just thought it was interesting.

Did you read what Pitchford said? He said they listen to the audience and pay attention to what they think is going on. Then they're able to pull an M.Knight, so you're all mostly wrong.

It's a choose your own adventure, with someone else in charge of the pages.

If it's fun and you enjoy it, that's cool with me. I just thought it was interesting.

Picthford? The guy from Gearbox? lol...Damn PK...I don't know how you do it. I really don't. You got a Borderlands reference in a thread about LOST....lol...

It's pretty easy t figure out, he ran over Locke to re-enact Locke getting thrown out of the plane, Locke on the ground after he got ran over he looked exactly like season 1 episode 1 after the plane crashed. I agree though, definitely the worst episode of the season yet.

I didn't get that from that scene at all, but of course that is my opinion.

Last nights episode was so much better then the previous two. They actually showed what was going on, on the island. Actually moved the story along instead of wasting time in the alternate time line. I still think it is moving way to slow to be the last season, and they should have cut out the different universe thing all together. I'm still praying it picks up soon, Richards episode was the best one so far, but last week and the week before was horrible.

Picthford? The guy from Gearbox? lol...Damn PK...I don't know how you do it. I really don't. You got a Borderlands reference in a thread about LOST....lol...

That's where that first quote was from. Pitchford had talked with JJ Abrams and that's what he told him. Nothing mysterious about it.

"I had a chance to chat with JJ Abrams a little while back, and one of the fun things for the Lost team in the creation of that show was that they hadn’t mapped it all out. But they knew what they’d done in the past, and they knew what people were guessing, by reading the forums, and they were trying to have fun with expectations: pay off a mystery, or throw a wrench into the whole thing. They were having fun painting themselves into corners and then getting out again."

Uh, that kind of sounds a lot like Heroes lol (which I don't even freaking watch anymore). At least Lost has some really good actors that make the show believable to some extent, with it's ensemble cast.

I didn't get that from that scene at all, but of course that is my opinion.

I didn't put it together that way either. In fact, I was going to make a "Wtf was THAT ending about!?!" post, but watch Locke start walking now. :o

Archived