***Game Deals Thread***

Dateranoth

Thought I would start this up here. GOG.com running up to 50% off on some classic games for the next 4 days:

http://www.gog.com/en/page/spring10

Such as Beyond Good and Evil, Fallout, Gothic 2, and more!

Red Dead Redemption Preorder 17% off for both PS3 and XBOX:

XBOX Red Dead Redemption 49.90

PS3 Red Dead Redemption 49.90

More deals under the Gogamer.com 48 hour madness secition.

Also, Borderlands 50% off on Steam this weekend.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8980/

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to add to this with the Gamestop Game Days sale that's going on right now. The list of games can be found at :

http://www.gamestop....&from=homeflash

Also, for those of you who like to buy online, type in GD10 on any game day items listed and save another 10%. In addition to the Game Day sales, Gamestop has also dropped the used counterparts of the Game Day games below their sale prices but ONLY if you are buying online. So Bayonetta at 39.99 new is 34.99 used. I believe you can also combine your edge card (if you have one) for 10% off with the coupon CAG16 for an additional 16% off any in-stock used games. I don't like Gamestop that much, but those are some pretty good deals.

I don't think the GD10 and CAG16 codes work together. But I do love getting 26% off all used games by combining the CAG16 (Cheap Ass Gamer) code and my Edge Card. I've gotten quite a few used games over the past couple of months after finding that code. I don't mind GameStop, but their trade in values are ridiculously low.

EDIT: Oh, and also the code SAVER. Not sure of the criteria but I think it works on orders over $25 or $30. Gives you free ground shipping.

ARGGGGGHHHH. Assassin's Creed 2 for 30 bucks, I do want, D :

And get it used with CAG16, and it's about $23.50. Less with an Edge Card. Get it! Better than spending that money on a bunch of DS games like you seem to be planning lol. AC2 is amazing, and is a HUGE improvement over the first one.

Just in case some people didn't know, or didn't see it on the dashboard, Microsoft is also putting some Arcade games up for discounts as part of its huge "Inventory Blowout Sale" that runs from April 1st-April 7th. The following games and prices are in the sale:

South Park 800 400

Super Street Fighter II HD Remix 1200 560

Defense Grid 800 400

Rocket Riot 800 400

Mad Tracks 800 400

Track & Field 400 240

Lumines Live 800 400

Age of Booty 800 400

Schizoid 800 400

Wallace & Gromit episode 1 800 400

So the EA store has a $20 off code good through April 9 (Friday). You can only use it on games $39.95 or more. The good news is it can be used on anything, and that goes for pre-orders. Use the code PAXEAST842.

This was great news cause I planned on getting Skate 3 anyways so after taxes it came out to $42.35, got free shipping (3-5 days), and the site allows Paypal. Schwing!

So the EA store has a $20 off code good through April 9 (Friday). You can only use it on games $39.95 or more. The good news is it can be used on anything, and that goes for pre-orders. Use the code PAXEAST842.

This was great news cause I planned on getting Skate 3 anyways so after taxes it came out to $42.35, got free shipping (3-5 days), and the site allows Paypal. Swing!

Awesome find! I wasn't going to pick up DA Awakenings for some time due to the hefty $40 price tag for an expansion, but with that little promo code I got it for $21.15! Thanks man.

Also, the code doesn't stack per order, but you can use the code multiple times through separate orders it seems. Which isn't bad with free shipping!

Red Dead Redemption - pre-order with Amazon.

Amazon.com Gift Card Pre-order Bonus

Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card. Additionally you'll receive access to an Amazon exclusive in-game golden guns weapon pack, which let you gain fame faster (fame gains you access to in-game side missions).

You can also select Release Day Delivery and get it on the day it comes out.

I pre-ordered, and my total came to $62.97. Plus I get the golden guns and a $10 Amazon gift card. Not bad. =]

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001SEQWXQ?tag=gamercide-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B001SEQWXQ&adid=1N1VXEEC1KC42KT4YNCM& (my referral link. Should cost the same as the normal site has it listed. If not, use http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-Xbox-360/dp/B001SH7YMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270515006&sr=8-1 )

Awesome find! I wasn't going to pick up DA Awakenings for some time due to the hefty $40 price tag for an expansion, but with that little promo code I got it for $21.15! Thanks man.

Also, the code doesn't stack per order, but you can use the code multiple times through separate orders it seems. Which isn't bad with free shipping!

OMG yes! Thank you Armi. I think I'll do the same thing as you Dat. $40 for DA:A is ridiculous, but $20 is about the price range I was thinking it should be to begin with. I think I may as well get this, even though I won't get a chance to play it for a while with all my other new RPGs lol. Could also get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $40, but I don't really want it that bad.

@PK, yeah, the $10 gift card sounds nice, but I like the War Horse better than the Golden Guns, so I think I'll get mine from Best Buy. Hopefully the War Horse will be usable in free roam. Maybe it will be in the corner of the map for Wood to always try and get. lol

EDIT: Eff it, I may as well get it. If I'm lucky it will get here before April 10th, the last day of the Bioware Bazaar auction, and I'll have a bunch more points for that. (also, click the link in my sig! lol)

EDIT 2: Done. Thanks a lot, Armi! I should tell Syc, I know he really wants DA:A

Borderlands (PS3 & 360) $39.99 new (Best Buy)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Borderlands+-+Xbox+360/9487067.p?id=1218112693204&skuId=9487067&st=borderlands (direct link)

Toys R Us is offering up to 40% off certain DS titles, and the Pokemon games are no exception – except none of them are 40% off. $5 has been taken off the price of SoulSilver and HeartGold for a $35 tag, Shadows of Almia is sitting at $25, and Explorers of Sky is $22.50. Also check back on Friday and Saturday – Toys R Us has been running weekend deals, like ‘buy 1 get another 50% off’ style stuff.

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956&camp=PPC:204338831&002=2194806&004=467012086&005=31065941&006=4770650296&007=search&008= (search by title)

OMG yes! Thank you Armi. I think I'll do the same thing as you Dat. $40 for DA:A is ridiculous, but $20 is about the price range I was thinking it should be to begin with. I think I may as well get this, even though I won't get a chance to play it for a while with all my other new RPGs lol. Could also get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $40, but I don't really want it that bad.

@PK, yeah, the $10 gift card sounds nice, but I like the War Horse better than the Golden Guns, so I think I'll get mine from Best Buy. Hopefully the War Horse will be usable in free roam. Maybe it will be in the corner of the map for Wood to always try and get. lol

EDIT: Eff it, I may as well get it. If I'm lucky it will get here before April 10th, the last day of the Bioware Bazaar auction, and I'll have 500 more points for that. (also, click the link in mah sig! lol)

The War Horse isn't a unique horse, available only from pre-order. It's just a rare horse. You can most likely find one in game.

*Edit* Kind of glad I didn't go with the eye patch.

Not only does the Deadly Assassin outfit look damn fine, it also allows your character in Red Dead Redemption to use his Dead Eye targeting feature twice as often in combat, which sounds like a mighty nice bonus. The sort of mighty nice bonus you're going to have to work for.

Here are the steps you'll need to take to obtain that handy getup.

* Win a Duel in Armadillo – Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept the challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.

* Capture or Kill Mo Van Barr – While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission and bring this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice, dead or alive.

* Solve the Mystery of the Missing Townsfolk – People have been disappearing for weeks from the outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve the mystery and live to tell the tale.

* Search Coot's Chapel – Find the ruins of Coot's chapel in the wilds of Cholla Springs, and search it for treasure.

* Complete the Twin Rocks Hideout – Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks, located North of the town of Armadillo, to complete this final challenge.

Very tempted to pre-order Dead Space 2 as well. I think I will if it can be cancelled later on if I change my mind, and doesn't cost me the full price until it ships.

@PK, well if it really is already in the game I guess I would go with the Amazon one, then use the $10 off on Crackdown 2. I wish they'd release a special edition with all three bonuses though like they have in Australia and the UK (war horse, golden guns, and deadly assassin outfit).

*Edit* Kind of glad I didn't go with the eye patch.

Not only does the Deadly Assassin outfit look damn fine, it also allows your character in Red Dead Redemption to use his Dead Eye targeting feature twice as often in combat, which sounds like a mighty nice bonus. The sort of mighty nice bonus you're going to have to work for.

Here are the steps you'll need to take to obtain that handy getup.

* Win a Duel in Armadillo – Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept the challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.

* Capture or Kill Mo Van Barr – While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission and bring this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice, dead or alive.

* Solve the Mystery of the Missing Townsfolk – People have been disappearing for weeks from the outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve the mystery and live to tell the tale.

* Search Coot's Chapel – Find the ruins of Coot's chapel in the wilds of Cholla Springs, and search it for treasure.

* Complete the Twin Rocks Hideout – Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks, located North of the town of Armadillo, to complete this final challenge.

Well, once they say for sure that the War Horse is in the game (and not too far out of the way or hard to get) I guess I'll be getting the Amazon one. But I still think it will be something cool like, having the ability to get a new War Horse in town if you lose it, rather than going to the corner of a map like a Sultan RS. But if it's unlockable, like once you get to a certain point the horse is always available but the Best Buy bonus just makes it available right away, then yeah Amazon is best because of the Gift Card.

Splinter Cell's Collectors Edition the same price as the normal version (360).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tom+Clancy%27s+Splinter+Cell%3A+Conviction+Collector%27s+Edition+-+Xbox+360/9708194.p?id=1218156151473&skuId=9708194&st=splinter%20cell&lp=2&cp=1

Includes Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, a custom USB drive with exclusive content, a game art book, two exclusive in-game content items, two collectible decals and the Digging in the Ashes digital comic book

Archived