Monday Night Combat (Xbla)

ThermoNukePanda

I know there is a thread in the XBLA section, but I feel the need to make another one.

THIS GAME RULES. Wow, I can't say it enough. I love the class-based system. I love how anyone can build/upgrade various turrets so it's almost like a Tower Defense game. I love the humor. I love earning money in-match to upgrade my skills (kind of like Shadowrun or Counterstrike). I love shooting the Mascot as he's dancing around the Arena to earn some extra loot.

And it's surprisingly smooth! I haven't had any lag. Plus the game even LOOKS good (running the Unreal Engine). I like the art style (even though it's a kind of TF2 rip).

I like that there is like a "horde/firefight" mode called Blitz that you can play on or offline.

Definitely worth the 1200MS points. After playing it, I'd even go so far as to say I might have dropped 1600MS on it. I really hope that we see some new DLC arenas in the future.

Let me know if you pick the game up. Sajam, Brad and I had a hell of a good time last night. We should get a party of 6 of us running around. :)

I'm also going to try to review and game and contact the Devs, point them in the direction of the review and see if I can score some downloadable codes to offer up as a contest prize next month. Can't guarantee it, but we'll see!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it yesterday. I gotta say, it's pretty fun. It combines the elements of a third person shooter, RTS, and tower defense with a little dash of shadowrun thrown in for good measure. I played with Chris, Brad and Sajam last night. It was a blast.

I played it at SDCC, wasn't really feeling it. Then again, I was playing bots in Horde mode so who knows. :)

There was also only one level. Are there different levels in the full game or just one?

In Blitz, I've only seen one level, which is the horde mode. But for crossfire there are 5 or 6 I think. Which I actually like, and I don't really like playing against other people that much, but found the character I like the best and enjoyed it. I got on tonight but nobody was up still. I hope to play tomorrow.