Morrowind

JbMcfee

So lately I've been getting back into Oblivion a lot, and even picked up the new Elder Scrolls novel the other day (finished it today). So I've decided I want to get more into the lore of the Elder Scrolls universe, and I keep hearing how fantastic the story of Morrowind is, so what I'm wondering is if Morrowind is really worth the $20 for the storyline and etc. I bought Morrowind quite a while back for the Obox but I just couldn't get into it (mainly due to not being able to hit my enemies <_<) but I've found some mods on the TESNexus that A: Give Morrowind near Oblivion graphics and B: Make your chance to hit 100%.

So what do all you Morrowind players think? Should I pick the GOTY Edition up from Steam for $20? Is it worth it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I wouldn't add in the mod that increases hit chance. It's off plot. Your character is/was a prisoner on a ship. He's never once picked up a weapon in his life. He has to become proficient in it. That's why this game isn't leveled to your character. You do not dare venture into Daedric temples when you're low level. That's how it should be.

Stick with the lore, man. Seriously. You'll be better off.

Hmm. Perhaps I won't get that mod then, granted I get Morrowind.

My original question still stands though, is Morrowind worth it? I'm more for story than gameplay anyways and I thought Oblivion's (main) story was decent, so would I likely like Morrowind?

If you stick to the main quests in the first quarter of the game, you're golden. It doesn't take you too much off the beaten path and you level real quick. However, Morrowind is chock full of hidden things, all over the damn place. So check everything. Tree trunks, narrowing paths and little shacks. It'll pay off well for you.

I do love hidden things, lol. Well I'll most likely get it off of Steam sometime during the week, or see if my local EB Games has a cheaper used copy.

Did you ever play any of the expansions? Are they worth it to get the GOTY Edition?

Hmm. Perhaps I won't get that mod then, granted I get Morrowind.

My original question still stands though, is Morrowind worth it? I'm more for story than gameplay anyways and I thought Oblivion's (main) story was decent, so would I likely like Morrowind?

Can't say for sure. I adore Morrowind. The story and design fascinated me. Still does.

Without giving too much away, it can be pretty freaky. Stuff happens to you and the townspeople that are kind of bizarre. Delving into that mystery, is one heck of a ride.

I do love hidden things, lol. Well I'll most likely get it off of Steam sometime during the week, or see if my local EB Games has a cheaper used copy.

Did you ever play any of the expansions? Are they worth it to get the GOTY Edition?

Oh he.ll yeah. Both are good, but I prefer Tribunal (Mournhold). Both are great, though.

Both offer rich stories and other things that make it worth it. With Bloodmoon, you can even be a werewolf. Ask GG about that sometime. He loved playing as a werewolf.

Expect Dateranoth to post in here. He loves Morrowind as much as I do, if not more. It's a great game, McFee. I can't wait till you get it, so I can see how much you enjoy it. I love trading Morrowind stories with people.

*edit* I have Steam now, so I'll probably buy it as well.

Oh he.ll yeah. Both are good, but I prefer Tribunal (Mournhold). Both are great, though.

Both offer rich stories and other things that make it worth it. With Bloodmoon, you can even be a werewolf. Ask GG about that sometime. He loved playing as a werewolf.

That's something that I definitely thought Oblivion lacked, some lycanthropy. Well that settles if I'll get the GOTY or not.

EDIT: Yeah man, you'll have to give me some tips and etc. for starting out when I get it!

I'm really looking forward to trying to collect all of the weapons from the book Tamrielic Lore (when I first read the book I thought they would all be in Oblivion but like none of them are).

Vampire clans, as well. Join one and you'll get an entire new set of quests to do. Can be brutal though, so save before accepting to become one.

*edit* LEVITATION! Almost forgot that! lol You're gonna love it, dude.

Haha, Morrowind just keeps sounding better and better!

Are the negative effects of being a vampire the same as in Oblivion? Like you can't travel in the sun unless you've fed?

Haha, Morrowind just keeps sounding better and better!

Are the negative effects of being a vampire the same as in Oblivion? Like you can't travel in the sun unless you've fed?

I'd have to look on the Elder Scrolls wiki. I knew that one of the vampire clans was glitched back then, so I never bothered. I know you definitely take sun damage, though.

Here ya go - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vampires

I'd have to look on the Elder Scrolls wiki. I knew that one of the vampire clans was glitched back then, so I never bothered. I know you definitely take sun damage, though.

Holy **** the UESP says you can join the Legion!

That is awesome!

There are so many factions and clans you can join, it'll make your head spin. I'm telling you right now; Oblivion has nothing on Morrowind, other than the graphics.

*edit* The Dark Brotherhood for starters. Choose wisely. The Comonna Tong, or the Morag Tong? >)

Factions - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Factions

There are so many factions and clans you can join, it'll make your head spin. I'm telling you right now; Oblivion has nothing on Morrowind, other than the graphics.

*edit* The Dark Brotherhood for starters. Choose wisely. The Comonna Tong, or the Morag Tong? >)

I know the Morag Tong is an assassins organization from the Mehrune's Razor plugin, but what is the Comonna Tong?

And man am I looking forward to joining the Legion.

There are three houses, too. Hlaalu, Redoran and Telvanni. You can join one and only one (legit). Whichever you choose, figures into your game and story. Most choose Hlaalu their first game, because the main story takes you there. However, if you ever play a mage or magic based character, choose Telvanni. It's AWESOME. Can't tell you why. lol

I know the Morag Tong is an assassins organization from the Mehrune's Razor plugin, but what is the Comonna Tong?

And man am I looking forward to joining the Legion.

Another crime syndicate. In direct competition with the Morag Tong. They hate outlanders (you) though. Most everyone on Vvardenfell does. Get used to be called an N'wah or S'wit! lol

But you can join a different House and still do the main quest right?

And you can be different races right? Not just Dunmer?

Yeah. There's always the main quest. Just different house missions and how others like or dislike you, based on what House you belong to. Don't worry about that, though. You're an outlander, even if you choose Dunmer. lol

There's a bunch of races to choose from. Check the wiki and start basing your decision now. Learn the signs each class has etc.

Archived