Minecraft Classic

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm home now. So I can get the server up and going properly. It's down for the moment, but I'll bring it back up if you guys plan on using it. I'll change it over to the normal port and list it publicly here too. Just give me some feedback. Do you want me to keep the classic server going? I can run them side by side but there will be lag issues if both have a lot of players at the same time.

That's a toughie. I know many don't own the full game, so they'd be out of luck if the Classic server went down. I like playing the alpha, but not being to save what you get... really really sucks.

I don't know what to say. I like them both for what they do differently.

Also, Mandy, Inferno and GG can't run it. They keep getting java errors. The Minecraft forums also has a group that can't. Do you know how we could help our group? They bought the game and can't use it.

They bought the game and can't use it.

That really sucks. I myself have problems running it, sometimes it's super choppy, sometimes it runs alright. I think the game takes a lot more processing power than it seems like it should because the entire ground has thousands of polygons hidden underneath it since they are all blocks, unlike a normal game where there's nothing down there.

That's a toughie. I know many don't own the full game, so they'd be out of luck if the Classic server went down. I like playing the alpha, but not being to save what you get... really really sucks.

I don't know what to say. I like them both for what they do differently.

Also, Mandy, Inferno and GG can't run it. They keep getting java errors. The Minecraft forums also has a group that can't. Do you know how we could help our group? They bought the game and can't use it.

It's no problem to keep the classic running. It's not used by too many others than our group and I'll drop the allowed user count down so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm not sure about the java errors. I'd need to know what they were exactly so we could troubleshoot them. Have them send me the errors they are receiving and we'll work on them one at a time. If it cannot be fixed now I think he may still be offering full refunds for people within 30 days.

The alpha is still well, alpha. So I expect a lot of things to change. Have you guys not made chests to store your stuff yet? You can make one and store the really important stuff and only carry the necessities on journeys.

The chests don't save. Once you leave the game, it's gone. If you have bricks, though, you can place them on the ground near your area and they'll stay.

I think this is their problem. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=20715

There's other threads made, too. Root up one level and take a gander.

The chests don't save. Once you leave the game, it's gone. If you have bricks, though, you can place them on the ground near your area and they'll stay.

I think this is their problem. http://www.minecraft...hp?f=17&t=20715

There's other threads made, too. Root up one level and take a gander.

The chests don't save? That has to be a bug. I wouldn't imagine anyone would want to play through collecting their new materials everytime, online or not.

Single player or multi?

If you're playing multi, you'll have to wait for a patch. The smelter won't fire. So you won't be able to melt down ores. You can do /iron though, and get 4 iron ingots.

As far as single player goes, I have no idea. There is a wiki, though. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page I'm sure the answer's in there somewhere.

I'm doing single player. I can't mine iron without a steel pick axe, but I'm not sure how to make one, or where to get steel from. I also need steel for a bucket.

EDIT: Apparently it's stone, not steel.

To mine stone, you can make sticks from trees>planks and add them to */iron. (*multiplayer)

-I- I- I

-- S

-- S

^Iron pickaxe

*edit* Eff it

CraftingPickaxesIOanim.gif

Minecraft Alpha Multiplayer

Server is still super-duper-doesn't-work-right-alpha but you guys are free to try it out whenever. Just type this into the server IP field:

gcminecraft.selfip.com:25566

Please note that the stuff you build will likely be lost. I expect a full server reset when the newer versions come out.

Ok, I have added some updates to the server. I'm sure they will be very temporary until Notch fixes the stuff, but it makes it a little more playable.

Llamacraft ( mainly buckets and furnace fix. Summon the lighter then light it above or below the furnace. The furnace will now be lit )

Current status

NOW WORKING: Buckets!

- you have to right-click the ground under them or they don't remove properly

- you can destroy half-water tiles with them

NOW WORKING: Furnaces!

- you have to light furnaces before each use using flint and steel, which can be summoned via the new /lighter command. This was the only way I could get it to work, and it does it by replacing 61's with 62's.

NERFED: Flint and Steel

- Griefers begone, fire is no longer your friend! The flint and steel can only be used to fix furnaces now.

NERFED: TNT

- While it can still explode and hurt people, the blocks are not destroyed serverside and will pop back to their unharmed shape shortly after detonation.

NEW CHAT FEATURE: Private Messages!

- Use /msg name message to send a message to a single person. Not even the server console can read it!

NEW CHAT FEATURE: Colored Names!

- Tired of straining your eyes over a long list of white text? People's names are now colored to avoid confusion. You can change your color using the /color command.

Hey0 Server Mod

• Colored group-specific chat (might make this toggleable in the future)
  • /item command - gives you items (can be toggled between admin/mod-only and everyone, you can also supply a list of items non-admins can create.)
  • /playerlist command - shows you the current playerlist
  • /kick and /ban commands (remember that /ban bans IPs!)
  • /help command
  • Name validation so you can't join with an empty name or invalid characters (According to notch's list of valid characters, at least).
  • Since you can spoof names, I added IP checking for groups. If you don't have the IP corresponding to the name specified in users.txt you don't get access to group-specific commands
  • Teleport command. Kudos to Zet for allowing me to add this to my mod.
  • Kits, edit kits.txt for more info.

lol they're not force fields. It's a glitch when you transfer over levels.

Sometimes you can fix it, if you open the door far away and then enter. Doesn't always work, though.

Oh I thought it was something a mod can do to keep people from entering their buildings lol. I ended up breaking a window that wasn't delete-proof and sneaking in that way to look around the house. Now that I know how, I could smelt some new glass to fix it. Or you could just use your cheap mod powers to summon more glass. lol

Yeah, that level was buggy so its all been reset. It's a fresh map now if anyone wants to build. Just please keep in mind that the stuff you build very likely may not make the transfer when the server goes out of alpha. However, I'm currently looking into ways to transport certain items to certain maps and I think I may have a way.

Archived