Minecraft Classic

PeeKnuckle

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had problems running it at first, where it would lag when I placed/removed blocks, but it somehow runs fine now that I've turned off Write Caching on my computer's hard drive (and now there's less risk of corruption due to power loss, which can happen easily since this laptop has no battery life at all).

Otherwise, it has super low requirements. There is still a bit of lag if there are a lot of moving objects, leaf blocks, or players in one area, though.

Not sure. Usually when things quiet down, I'll hop on boom and start building. It's easier for me when no one else is around. When one of us travels to boom, guests and others see it and travel also. Next thing you know, they're following you around and getting in the way, since they can't build there. lol

I think what we should do is everytime we build something do like 4 spaces wide of brown dirt, that way by the time we finish everything will be brown instead of having to go back and change all the green grass. I'm not sure if that made sense or not, I started doing that last night, so by the time we are done most everything will be close. Just makes it look more wastelandish.

Just makes it look more wastelandish.

What you should of done is use that /z air command that removes blocks on opposite corners of the map (after digging down one block, of course) to get rid of all of the grass. A mod with the ability to remove enough tiles would have to do it. It could probably still be done on your level, you'd just have to rebuild the bottom level of some buildings and part of the train tracks.

Or we could try that copy tool where you place big groups of blocks at once to remove the grass. Dat mentioned it, but I don't know the command.

Archived