Switch

spawn622

So, no talk at all about the Switch. I get it, it’s unothodox and Nintendo kind of shit the bed with the Wii U, but we would all be remiss if we don’t give it some props here. It is a GREAT system. It has a pretty killer first party library and, for my money, one of the best indie libraries ever out on consoles. Much less hybrid console.

Breath of the Wild was and is one of the most amazing reinventions of a franchise to ever happen. It takes all the core elements of a Zelda game and flips them on their head. It’s obvious it’s a Zelda game, but it’s something much much different. It’s well worth the time to play.

All that said, the game that is the real system seller here is Mario Odyssey. It fully deserves all the hype it’s garnered and then some. Everything I said about Breath of the Wild goes 10 fold for the Mario franchise. Mario 64 was the pinnacle of Mario games (With Mario Sunshine) right behind it, but Odyssey surpasses everything I’ve imagined a 3D Mario should be or even could be. It’s my game of the year and possibly my game of the last 5 years. Maybe more than that. It’s just that good.

Long winded way of me saying the Nintendo Switch is a VERY good system and I’m so glad the big N is back to creating great things and an actual player in the console market again. I love seeing the sales numbers and their name being at the top for the last few months. Great stuff and I may have a full Odyssey review by the end of the week. 👍🏻

If you can find a deal on one, it will shock you how great it is. I find myself playing on it more than anything at the moment. 8 month’s in it has a library of over 200 games already and that many more on the horizon. It’s selling very very well and 3rd party support is coming on strong. I think Nintendo hit another home run with the system. Also, I don’t hear much from the “Nintendo is a dead company” crowd any more. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as consoles, the Switch is my absolute favorite. Between Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, there’s so much to love. Not to mention the absolute avalanche of great indie titles and 3rd party support it’s getting. If you want to have a full fledged console you can take with you to work and on trips, it’s worth it. Great system.

• 1 month later...

I would get a Switch if I had a proper income and it was on sale.  It seems like a great console/handheld hybrid.  I hope they port Wii U Smash Brothers to it and/or release a new one for it, because there's no way in hell I'll get a Wii U (even for Bayonetta 2, which I hear is porting to Switch eventually with Bayonetta 3, anyways).  I mean, I do have it on 3DS, but it's hard to multiplayer with that.  Other players need their own 3DS and a copy.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm going to end up with one, but I'm going to have to wait until it's on sale.  I don't mind buying it, but I'm so far behind on playing games on the PC I feel like it will be more wasted money.  Now, if I can get my wife to start playing it, that would be worthwhile.

Archived