Conan Exiles Server Utility

Dateranoth

41 minutes ago, Dateranoth said:

I'm not sure if it requires a restart or not.  I'm not very familiar with the concept, but I assume you want to turn on/off "Can Damage Player Owned Structures" ?  If that's the case, I think I can make it work.

Yes you right - Can Damage Players Owned Structures - Allow players to attack and destroy other players structures.

If you do this - we need two type - first - "On" this every day on timer - example 15:00 - 00:00 is ON - 00:00 - 15:00 is OFF

And second type - to include it on the day of the week - OFF in: 00:00 mo tu we th fr 18:00 and ON - Fr 18:01 sat sun 23:59

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Murena

I will look into it. Enabling and disabling the setting shouldn't be too hard, but I do think you are right. It will require the server to restart to enable and disable it.  I would have to add that into the setting. Shut down the server, change the setting, then start it again.

9 minutes ago, Dateranoth said:

@Murena

I will look into it. Enabling and disabling the setting shouldn't be too hard, but I do think you are right. It will require the server to restart to enable and disable it.  I would have to add that into the setting. Shut down the server, change the setting, then start it again.

This will be Great if you do this.
 "Shut down the server, change the setting, then start it again." this in automatic right?

Hey, I really love your work, it is great tbh. 

I really like, that you guys are talking about "Raiding Protection" because i was trying to resolve this situation for my server just today, but not much sucess..
Most of us are probably trying to make something like in ARK or LiF, that you have to set hours for raiding times. BUT if you are talking about building protection, dont forget to make possible disable avatars too. Something like:
Raiding Protection (Enable Hours that Raiding is allowed)
Avatar Protection (Enable Hours that Summoning Avatars is allowed
Ofc with automatic restart. It would be really great, man! <3 

Today I tried this solution (https://github.com/prom3theu5/ConanExilesServerUpdater), but it was not in my opinion that good...

Thanks. I will add Avatar enable/disable in there as well. I'm thinking of a format like this:

@Murena @Sheepa

Where 1 is Sunday and 7 is Saturday, and 0 is every day. It's a bit much to type in, but it would allow the most options with ease. So this would turn building damage on Sunday between 15:30 and 18:05, and Tuesday 22:05 to Wednesday 01:00

RaidOn=1-15:30to1-18:05,3-22:05to4-01:00,etc

Or for an entire week at the same time:

RaidOn=0-18:00to0-22:45

This is the format I'm leaning toward. If it seems to complicated I can make it simpler, but with simplicity comes less choice. 

Many RP servers will enjoy the raid and avatar protection for sure. Many set aside a weekend day or even the full weekend for raiding only.

Also, and this isn't mandatory or something we would ask often -- if you're enjoying the utilities @Dateranoth has put out for Conan, please consider making  a small donation. All donations go straight to Gamercide's hosting. Thank you for your consideration!

https://www.dreamhost.com/donate.cgi?id=16156

6 hours ago, Dateranoth said:

Thanks. I will add Avatar enable/disable in there as well. I'm thinking of a format like this:

@Murena @Sheepa

Where 1 is Sunday and 7 is Saturday, and 0 is every day. It's a bit much to type in, but it would allow the most options with ease. So this would turn building damage on Sunday between 15:30 and 18:05, and Tuesday 22:05 to Wednesday 01:00

RaidOn=1-15:30to1-18:05,3-22:05to4-01:00,etc

Or for an entire week at the same time:

RaidOn=0-18:00to0-22:45

This is the format I'm leaning toward. If it seems to complicated I can make it simpler, but with simplicity comes less choice. 

Dateranoth - yes this good format - but think - if raid on change need restart - think please what do your scenario if restart server time is same - in turn on raid scenarios

@Murena

I haven't thought about it. Honestly, I probably won't change anything. It will be up to the server admin to decide if they still want a separate restart during the raid hours. If it does restart during the raid ON time it will stay ON and then restart again when OFF.

I will think on it a bit more and see if there is an alternative. I could have it ignore daily restarts if it's during ON hours. 

40 minutes ago, Dateranoth said:

@Murena

I haven't thought about it. Honestly, I probably won't change anything. It will be up to the server admin to decide if they still want a separate restart during the raid hours. If it does restart during the raid ON time it will stay ON and then restart again when OFF.

I will think on it a bit more and see if there is an alternative. I could have it ignore daily restarts if it's during ON hours. 

Yes Your idea is good - i manage 6 Conan Exiles server using your software)

And have many feedback from Players - what they need.

@Murena @Sheepa

I should have a very early test version of this up today or tomorrow. It ended up being a bit more complex than I originally thought. I will need you two to test it out for me if possible when I release the beta.

You will be able to enable or disable Avatar schedule and Building Damage schedule  

If Building Damage Schedule is enabled you will be able to set times for Enabling Building Damage.

EnableBuildingDamageTimes=1-2000to2-0300,7-0100to7-1100

The above would enable Building Damage Sunday at 20:00 and disable them Monday at 03:00  and enable them Saturday 01:00 and disable them Saturday 11:00

DisableAvatarTimes=1-2000to2-0300,7-0100to7-1100

The above would Disable Avatars Sunday at 20:00 and Enable them Monday at 03:00  and Disable them Saturday 01:00 and Enable them Saturday 11:00

There is no real limit to the times. Just keep in mind that every change from on to off while the server is running will trigger a restart.

Also, these times will all be activated whether the server was running already or  not. If you start the server 2 hours in to a scheduled time, it will automatically start the event and end it when  normally scheduled.

If you have Discord or Twitch enabled it will trigger the restart to happen X minutes from notify time. So, if the event is scheduled for 05:00 and the restart notification time is 5 minutes, the server will restart at 05:05 to enable the event. Same goes for when the event ends. 

Also, if the notifications are enabled the events will be announced to Twitch or Discord right before the server starts. 

I will I'll write a more detailed and easier to read instruction when I'm done. 

@Murena @Sheepa

This ended up being a LOT more in depth than I thought. haha. Due to some craziness with the game wanting to overwrite ServerSettings with DefaultServerSettings I had to get creative. However, I THINK it is working. Please read the release notes carefully and test it out. Let me know what you think.

V2.11.0-beta.1

You try overwrite defaultServerSetting ? this not need - you can write this on ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\ServerSettings

CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures=False

or

CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures=True

or i don't right understand you ?)

What to say... Really great stuff. gj :)

I will test it on my main server later, I have to come back from my business trip at first.

But what I've tested on my laptop on the local game, everything seems functional and ok. At least by me.  I am really looking forward to try that on the main server.

@Dateranoth

I today tested - all work good, i test all scenarios - ON only Avatars - On only CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures - and ON this together. Set same time Daily reboot and on Avatars and CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures - all Work and all OK, but after few restart i see many ServerSettings.ini-beckup in ConanSandbox \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsServer - 12 files backup after few restart - this not good (need some do whith this) And second - i try manual insert to ConanSandbox \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsServer \ ServerSettings.ini

CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures = False

- And start server - all work good, and do not anybody overwrite this files to default settings, i do not know why your server do this (rewrite to default settings) but my server is ok. And i noticed some special - Server config file likes to the file end so that there three line break. Can you try please make for me (if it's possible) version who not delete default setting - who only insert change line to file
ConanSandbox \ Saved \ Config \ WindowsServer \ ServerSettings.ini
 - and i try how this work in my server)

But in general everything work in this version good! Thank you!

conf.jpg

@Murena

First, thanks for testing so thoroughly! 

Backups - I set it to 15 while we were in beta. When I release the non-beta I will lower it to 5. 

Default INI - Will you try this:

Make sure the defaultserversettings.ini exists. Rename a backup if you need to. 

Then add CanDamagePlayerOwnedStructures = True 

to your serversettings.ini

Try to start server without my script and see if it keeps the setting in the file.

It only over wrote it when it was True.  If that works for you I will send you a version that does not delete default ini to test. 

First

Thx for the work you do for us Dateranoth  but  i have little question about the script   if we installed some mods  does the auto update work for mods or only  base game (idsteam )  if it only base game  can you think it possible to add that option in futur update script  auto mods      exemple: start "" steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +force_install_dir "c\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods" +app_update (mod id) Validate  and for multiple mods add comma  on each  id mods  i dont know if it  complex to do or not .....and if update mods found it   link to auto restart bots notification .... 

ThX for your time again

@chrazyqc

It currently will not auto update mods, but I can certainly look into adding mods to the update. Could you send me a couple of modIDs so i know what format they come in?

The hard part will be restarting if only the mod needs an update.

If the way the mods are versioned is consistent I can possibly add them to auto restart the server, but I will have to look at a few to find out.

Honestly , I'm not sure if it's a good idea to restart and update if Only a mod was changed. If it's not a compatibility change it could add unknown or unwanted effects. In either case I will see if it's possible to add the option.

Let me look into it further. I have some family coming up tomorrow so it may be late this weekend before I make any real progress. Plus I still have to finish the latest update. 

I will respond here when I have something together or know if it will work. 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868386058&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865568427

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864339902&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863029800&searchtext=

here some of kind of multiple mods i would like to install

that why i asking before  do anything .. if client got mods update(over steam) and server not  that causing unable joining game ... so i add to manade all the time manualy ..so when we work and a update mods coming out in the day  now the server are unable to use for public .... invalid mods version  so i'm waiting your come back before doing any mods install

thx to looking for that  realy apreciated