Rogue One

Dateranoth

I went to see this today, and I have to say I loved it!  Much better than the last Star Wars film continuing the story.  There was a few scenes too close to Uncanny Valley territory due to bringing back some original faces, but overall it was a fantastic movie.  Bit slow to start, but turned out to be a very great movie in the Star Wars universe.

• 2 weeks later...

I quite enjoyed it, for the most part.  There were a few issues I had, but it's better than the prequels and better than Jedi in some spots.

The full CGI characters were somewhat off putting, but tolerable.  The lack of character development and relying on the novels to flesh out the main characters better was my main flaw.  While I loved seeing the angry Vader...why did he send the Stormtroopers in to the Tantive IV first instead of just going in full Sith at the onset of A New Hope?  Again, awesome, but odd.

Videos like that annoy me, because the things they point out can be explained pretty easily through common sense or were already explained in other forms of Star Wars media (Books, cartoons, etc).  Hell, they even point out some of their problems being explained.  It's done for the views, I know, but annoying none the less.

And pointing to Darth Maul as a cool character that went away is completely false.  He returns in The Clone Wars and Rebels. BAH! Call my opinion biased, me being a huge fan.

Archived