What are your go to dinners?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok I created a Google Album with the pics here is the link, First select your prime rib bone in or bone out doesn't matter mine was just over 8 pounds figure about a pound per person, next season it, I only use crushed/minced garlic and a steakhouse seasoning use whatever you want even if its just salt and pepper, coat the entire prime rib well and let it sit in refrigerator for at least 6 hours 12-24 is best.  You will need a cooking thermometer whatever kind you want I use a cheap metal one but insert the probe int o the middle/thickest part of the roast I place my roast on a broiling pan (see pics) which you can add water underneath I put in about 2 inches of water if you don't have one then try just a wire rack on a cookie sheet, basically you don't want the roast just sitting on a cookie sheet it cooks the side its sitting on faster.

Turn your oven on to 250 degrees if it can go lower like 225 you can do that basically you are warming the roast up to 135-140 degrees that is Rare and takes some time, my roast took almost 3 hours. Once the roast is at the internal temp of 135-140 remove from oven and let sit for 20 min don't cut into it or anything yet let it rest, while it is sitting turn your oven up to its highest temperature 500-550 after 20 min put the roast back in the oven for 10 min this gives it a nice crispy out side without raising the internal temp much. I also create my Au Jus during this time with just some packet  mix and some of the drippings, after removing from the over transfer to a cutting board and slice and serve it will be awesome!!

Now if you don't like rare or medium rare Prime rib first there is something wrong with you second just make enough Au Jus about 4 cups or 2 packets worth and boil it if someone wants their cut cooked more put it in the boiling Au Jus and it will cook it till med or med well or heaven forbid well done which now roast beef and not Prime rib. 

Any way enjoy this is easy and turns out restaurant quality let me know if you cant see the pics but you should be able to

https://goo.gl/photos/Z3R8VMRUseAm3n3f7

Edit: if you have leftovers referigerate then thin slice it and you have some great roast beef sandwiches

Archived