Stranger Things

spawn622

At this point, I'm sure everyone knows about this Netflix series. If you haven't seen it, I can't speak highly enough of this show. If you enjoy an 80's feel and setting, this show is for you. The Duffer Brothers aren't afraid to wear their love for things like E.T., Stephen King, Stand By Me, The Goonies, Dungeons and Dragons, and NUMEROUS other 80's influences on their sleeves. Each episode gets better and better as you try and figure out what is going on. You get invested with the main characters so much. The acting is amazing from a cast of kids that WILL be all stars. Also, Winona Ryder deserves so much credit for her role here. Again, if you're a fan of the 80's, this is a full on return to form for her and will get her more work. Deservedly so.

Just a great show. Give it a watch. Trust 'ol Spawn, he won't steer you wrong.

Season 2 FINALLY announced.  I mean, we knew it was coming but it wasn't official yet.  Thank you Netflix:

So, the trailer has episode names and they are as follows:

1.Mad Max
2.The Boy Who Came Back to Life
3.The Pumpkin Patch
4.The Palace
5.The Storm
6.The Pollywoog
7.The Secret Cabin
8.The Brain
9.The Lost Brother

The Duffer Brothers also dropped a few hints at what is to come:

We obviously have this gate to another dimension, which is still very much open in the town of Hawkins. And a lot of questions there in terms of, if the Monster is dead, was it a singular monster? What else could be out there? We really don’t go in there much until they go in to find Will at the end. So we’ve opened up this doorway, and to us it’s exciting to talk about, like, what else is behind there? There’s a lot more mystery there to be solved.

They also cited James Cameron as a big influence in their thought process for season 2. It makes perfect sense when you think about Cameron's sequel resume of Aliens and T2: Judgement Day (Which is getting a 3D re-release).  As you can probably tell, I'm super damn excited for this season to hit next year.

Archived