I heard you liked Prey

PeeKnuckle

preyboxart1.jpg

Prey was, in my opinion, the most underrated 360 game to date. It's also my opinion, that it was before its time. Prey had you walking on the ceiling, via anti-gravity trails. It had you using portals, long before Valve introduced them to us. Prey even has you picking up living creatures, and using them as weapons.

It was more than just a creepy shooter with aliens. It had puzzles where you had to think outside the box, and the living world. Prey centered around Domasi Tawodi (Tommy), a Cherokee not happy living on a reservation. If he thought he wasn't happy living on the reservation, something soon happens that makes him wish that was his only problem. If you've played Prey before, you know what that event is. If you haven't played it, you should. You really, really should. Your local game store should have it for sale, at anywhere between $4-$10. You can also pick it up for PC, on Amazon, for as little as $2. You'll thank me. It's a terrific game that somehow stayed under the radar.

There's a reason why I'm talking about Prey, even though it's a game that released in 2006. I had found out that Zenimax (Bethesda), had purchased the license for Prey last year. There had been a sequel in the works shortly after its release, but little has been heard since that time.

That wasn't good enough for me. I needed to know if it was still being made. When I had found out that Zenimax bought the license, I was filled with new hope. I remembered that Pete Hines (Bethesda) was on Twitter. BethBlog, too. So, I decided to send a tweet, begging for information.

Here is what I asked over Twitter.

Prey.jpg

Pete, the champ that he is, replied.

Prey2.jpg

I'm not going to tell you exactly what that means, since it could mean just about anything. My Prey loving mind, however, wants to believe I was given a hint by the always cool, Pete Hines. No details have been released about Prey 2. I imagine since it hasn't been announced, that no one is really able to discuss it yet. I'm hoping beyond hope, that this was a nod to there being a Prey 2. If it's anything like the first, it will be ahead of its time, and mind bending.

If you've never seen Prey, here's a short video.

If you own it, play it again. If you've never played it, grab the demo off of Marketplace or buy it. Love Prey. =]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really thought Prey was in a class of its own. Very unique and cleverly done. I agree that it was underrated.

That being said, if your prone to occasional motion sickness from FPS', Prey will really throw your stomach into the blender. I couldn't play it at all hungover. What really made the game cool and set it apart from a lot of other FPS', is also what induced vertigo for me. I'm not saying don't check it out...definitely do. It really is a great game. Just don't play it with a hangover.

o loved this game when o played it. i think im missing like 4 achieves and they are the arcade ones. was a great story and well worth a second play though. the only problem i ever had was the online, it was always very laggy when i tried it. but if you managed to get a game without any lag issues it was alot of fun

Prey was an unbelievable game! I agree that it was definitely underrated and you did have to think your way through it with walking on different surfaces, portals,spirit walking and puzzles. The weapons all felt unique and had their own strengths and weaknesses. The storyline and plot was absolutely top notch and not sugar coated in any way (not gonna give away spoilers). It's one of the few games I cannot say enough good things about.

Archived