I adopted a new puppy from a shelter

So many of you know my 16 year old miniature dachshund, Madeline, passed away last month.  It was super heartbreaking for me, as it is for anyone who loses a pet.  My other dog I have (a 3 year old "Silkchon" (silky terrier/bichon mix) also has been taking it pretty hard without having her sister to play with. 

I looked for a few weeks around at local shelters and it's been difficult because all they have are HUGE dogs, or elderly dogs and tons of pit bulls.  Not that I have anything against them, but I really wanted another smaller dog (under 20lbs preferably) and wanted something still young and less than a year old.  I had been using Petfinder and came across a litter of puppies that was rescued from a high kill shelter down in PA.  They were found with their mother, in a freaking suitcase in a ditch on the side of the road!!!!  What in the actual fuck.

So on Wednesday last week I had arranged to drive down to adopt one of them.  I'd like to introduce Dalia to the Gamercide family.  She's 11 weeks old, and best I can tell she is part dachshund (mother was a doxie) and I think she's actually part Chihuahua from her facial features.  She's only about 7 lbs right now, but her paws are actually kinda big so I imagine she'll be close to 17ish at least when she grows up.  She's quite a freaking handful so far haha.

nWT5H8V.jpgyZces39.jpg

Its a little touch and go.  The puppy absolutely wants to play nonstop, but the other dog (Ramona) is still warming up to her.   Ramona has been like running away when Dalia chases her, but last night they started playing together much more.  I knew it would take a couple weeks for them to get fully warmed up to each other.

Archived