Duke Nukem 3D (PC) Giveaway

Dateranoth

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Winners are:

Cody

Nick

Awe4Some

Ok, now bear with me. I know this sounds a little crazy. "Duke Nukem 3D for the PC? But its available for my XBOX!?" Yes, it sure is, for 10 dollars US with nothing added to it except native support for online DM and coop. This alone is probably worth the extra premium for the sake of ease, but the PC version is where its at. I will explain further.

GOG.com has this title for 5.99US, and I would guarantee the same quality game you get from the Xbox will certainly work for your PC for less. "But this is a Giveaway, who cares what it costs?" Good point! On to my next point! The game for the PC has plenty of mods! Yes, that's right! Mods! Mainly eduke32 and the High Resolution Pack. This brings Duke into a more modern era without losing any of the feel of the original!

eduke32 is what does a lot of the heavy lifting in making Duke Nukem 3d playable on modern PCs with little to no setup at ALL resolutions!

Finally, this little program called YANG allows very easy over the internet multiplayer with up to 8 players DM and 4 player COOP.

Ok, now on to the giveaway. Ends April 17th. Possibility of earlier drawings

I am going to give away 3 copies of Duke Nukem from GOG.com. This includes a DRM free copy of the original that installs DOSBox for seamless play on newer computers. ( I know its DRM free and that's part of why I'm supporting them by buying individual copies from GOG.com for each winner ) and these features from GOG.com :

manual (25 pages), hi-res wallpapers, Duke SMS tones, artworks, & avatar. The Duke SMS tones are particularly great as the are almost every saying and sound in the game!

Finally, I will help anyone interested in setting up all the mods. Particularly eduke32 as that is what brings the game up to date and makes it easily playable at any resolution and with full keyboard, mouse, and joystick support. ( Trust me, its easy )

All you have to do to enter is post a Duke saying to be entered in the random drawing. That's it. They of course can be repeats, but try to use new ones! There are a lot more than you would think.

Finally, for those skeptical of the PC version, just check out a look at the game with mods:

I'm doing this in part to get some more people ready to game on the PC, and in part because Duke Nukem is awesome! If I have a lot of entries I will up the giveaway to 6 copies. Also, I know I'm in a giveaway frenzy, and this will be the last thing for awhile. But dangit, I'm excited for Gamercide!

Holy crap dude... great contest!

Since I know this will run on my laptop and I have not played the game... I think this will be me saying that I am going to enter.

Awesome! Hopefully others understand this too! I feel safe saying the game will run on practically anyone's PC now.

Not an entry, but my favorite line in the game (or demo at least, as that's all I've ever played lol):

"I'm here to kick a ss and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

Even though Duke Nukem stole it from the movie They Live. lol

EDIT: Eh, I guess I may as well enter since it has low system requirements and stuff, and I've never played it. Thanks for the contest, Dat. :)

Everyone knows that's where the quote came from for the past 15 years.

Alright. The time is upon us. Here is the list of participants. I'm going to give this another hour or two. So, one last chance to enter. Also, let me know if I missed anyone!

1 AudaciousKevin

2 Skylark95

3 Nick

4 Awe4Some

5 Kira Onime

6 green grenades

7 sedington86

8 Cody

1 AudaciousKevin

2 Skylark95

4 Awe4Some

5 Kira Onime

6 green grenades

7 sedington86

Awe4Some wins the 3rd and final copy! I'll send PM's out to everyone who won. I'll need email address's to get the game to you.

To the rest of you, don't despair. You can get a copy here:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_edition

for only 6 dollars.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Good past 2 weeks. Weird cause I haven't done anything to deserve it I don't think? Something bad is bound to come way way. Thanks for the opportunity and the prize dat. It really means alot to me. I love everyone here at GC cool.gif. No homo.

Archived