So I got an email today...

StealthyShadows

Hello everyone! 

So I checked my email for the first time in I don't know when, and right at the top of my inbox was an email from gamercide. I've been feeling a little home sick lately, and I considered many of you family years ago. So I saw it as a sign and hear I am. 

What's everyone up to? Who all is still around? Are people still moving over to pc games, or are you all on a new platform? 

Little bit about me over the past year or so. I just celebrated my one year anniversary, I joined the army, and am going through class right now. I havent been able to play many video games while I  here bit alowly getting those freedoms back. Currently debating on which system to get while I am here. 

Cant wait to catch up with everyone 

Stealthy! Good to see you, and I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. It'll be so much more before you know it. 

It's been pretty quiet around here for some time, but we still have a fire burning.

The last year for me has been incredibly busy.   I've tried to squeeze a few games in when I can, but it's way less than I use to.  I've been playing mostly PC, but I've grabbed a few games on PS4. 

Anyhow, I finally woke up a few weeks ago and realized I'd neglected the hell out of Gamercide. I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to breath some life back into her. 

I'm not sure what system I would end up getting if I were you. I have a PS4, but I bought it for one particular game.  I'd probably still lean that way. 

Glad you stopped in.  Hope to see you around. 

The site still has a homey feel to it, looks like you guys have been doing a great job Dat.

I am leaning towards the ps4 right now only because we already have an xbox one. But we bought the xbox one because I liked the exclusives (halo). No point in having two, but what do you get in the ps4 thats worth it instead of the xbox?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Honestly I bought it originally just to play the remaster of The Last of Us. I still think the PS4 has better exclusives when there are exclusives. Seems more and more games are multi platform, which is a good thing. 

Otherwise, I just plain like the layout of the PS4 dashboard better. 

STEALTHY!!!!

I never see you anymore. Although I still have yoru old # in my phone HAHA (for all I know it's still your

I'm still around.I visit daily and talk to PK in our PK AND AVA ONLY THREAD.

Game wise I'm playing a lot of heroes of the storm, not much wow these days due to a content drought. Playing some PC games from time to time (right now I have Aviary attorney on steam)

What made you decide to join the army?

16 hours ago, StealthyShadows said:

I heard a lot of good things about the last of us, maybe thays a game to go get. If I do get a ps4 I can have my own copy of fallout 4. And I suppose when the wife and I are back together we can play at the same time that way

I loved The Last of Us. Obviously since I bought a console just to play it again. If you grab a PS4 you gotta play it.  

I haven't played Fallout 4 yet, and I can't decide when or if I will.  So many games to catch up on. ( Which will never happen unless A. I quit working or B. I save all of them until retirement. )

10 hours ago, Avahra said:

STEALTHY!!!!

I never see you anymore. Although I still have yoru old # in my phone HAHA (for all I know it's still your

I'm still around.I visit daily and talk to PK in our PK AND AVA ONLY THREAD.

Game wise I'm playing a lot of heroes of the storm, not much wow these days due to a content drought. Playing some PC games from time to time (right now I have Aviary attorney on steam)

What made you decide to join the army?

I havent changed my number in years, so it's probably still mine lol. 

Pk and ava only thread? Sounds like a lot of awesomeness for one thread. 

I see you logged into bnet on heroes from time to time. How is it? I feel like your answer will be about the same as hearthstone for me.

Why did I join the army? A lot of reasons honestly. I really hated my previous job and needed something that paid better. My wife makes great money in her field but it wasnt something she wanted to continue in, and I don't blame her for it.  So I kept looking for jobs that would allow me to support a family on its pay alone so that she could go for anyjob and regardless of pay she could be happy with it. After a few months of searching I thought about the army. It pays for your house, utilities, food to a small degree, medical insurance for your family, and if you move to a crappy area you can always live on base for free. Ive been around the military most of my life and knew the benefits were pretty damn good for a family. So we talked it over, I took the asvab and found a job that we could both agree on (because special forcese candidate wasn't getting far lol). 

Its been a rough ride so far but we are making it through it. Already it has proven to be worth it though. She has been off work for going on two months now and its doing one hell of a job getting her health in order. Wouldn't hace been possible before, we wouldn't be able to afford it.  

I guess long story short, I did it so my wife could get herself in to a better place both mentally and physically, and find  a career that she wants to persue. I am a big family person, and for thise I love I'd go to the ends of the earth for, and thats why I did it

8 hours ago, Dateranoth said:

I loved The Last of Us. Obviously since I bought a console just to play it again. If you grab a PS4 you gotta play it.  

I haven't played Fallout 4 yet, and I can't decide when or if I will.  So many games to catch up on. ( Which will never happen unless A. I quit working or B. I save all of them until retirement. )

I will definitely keep that in mind of I do get a ps4.

I was fortunate to play fallout 4 when I came home from Christmas leave. My wife bought herself the collector's edition. Which by the way, totally awesome and worth every penny. I really liked the gameplay, and their new crafting/building process. I spent a lot of time working on my settlement and making my weapons amazing. I would recommend it for sure if you have the time

@StealthyShadows That's awesome. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Are you still in Colorado?
 I fucking LOVE heroes of the storm, I play it a lot. If you're interesting in giving it a try I can give you a referral link that if you end up liking i tyou get 2 free heroes.

@MrsBadExample  The few times I peeked on your stream you didn't have a cam. That normal or was it just because of the game yo uwere playing? I dunno, I feel like streams with cams get more viewers, but that's my opinion as an outsider lol I don't know the details

6 hours ago, Avahra said:

@MrsBadExample  The few times I peeked on your stream you didn't have a cam. That normal or was it just because of the game yo uwere playing? I dunno, I feel like streams with cams get more viewers, but that's my opinion as an outsider lol I don't know the details

Naw I have a cam, I actually have a greenscreen now even! I just don't have it on all the time if I'm eating or if my hair is hella dirty.

9 hours ago, Avahra said:

@StealthyShadows That's awesome. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Are you still in Colorado?
 I fucking LOVE heroes of the storm, I play it a lot. If you're interesting in giving it a try I can give you a referral link that if you end up liking i tyou get 2 free heroes.

@MrsBadExample  (I dont know how to delete this portion on my phone... My bad)

My wife is still in Colorado, but for my training I am in Arizona. Probably be here until September. Maybe a little longer because apparently it rains bad enough here that you are not allowed to fly some days. So good weather permitting only until September. 

Id be down to try it out. Ive been wanting something new to play, that I can drop in whenever I have the time. So referral would make for a good reason to start

Archived