I went to a cool summer camp/workshop and now I can hug people.

Kevnvek

You all know I'm a bit awkward.  But since we all just talk online you may not have known that part of it was I don't like to actually touch people.  Going to kung fu was part of me trying to get past that, but recently I had an awesome experience at a summer camp/workshop called IGNITE and had some emotional breakthroughs of sorts.  It wasn't religious or anything (you know I'm not into that), the camp was motivational in nature ("inspiring today's youth").  I'm honestly really sorry I didn't share any of this sooner since I made some big write ups on Facebook and have been neglecting this place, but I really have been kind of busy lately with life too (work, kung fu, college classes).  So this is kind of lazy but my profile is public so I'm just going to put the links to the posts here (there are several pictures attached so it would take a while).  I might add them later since you might still have to log in to see them.

First write up:  https://www.facebook.com/kevnvek/posts/1087143967982173

Second write up:  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1087566151273288

Let me know if you can't view those and I'll try to post them and the pics here.

That's genuinely awesome, Kevin. My entire family is big on hugging. Always has been for as long as I can remember. Honestly, I personally feel that small point of contact somehow matters and I never really gave any thought on what it'd be like not to have it. 

I am so very glad you started martial arts. You've grown as a person by leaps and bounds ever since. It's very noticeable and I dare anyone who knows you to refute it.

Thanks for sharing that, man. /hug

• 1 month later...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, but I am incredibly happy to hear you had this experience. I don't know what else to say, except that I'm super proud of all you have accomplished, and hope you continue to feel as human to yourself as you have always felt to us. 

Archived