For PK and Dat

Hey I'm here too.  So I watched it and there's nothing you can do about it.  And was amused by it.  And am commenting.  Mwa ha ha.

A few semi-big things happened in my life recently (mainly social breakthroughs, like how I can hug people now.)  I'll share some posts (possibly copied from Facebook :P ) when I get a chance.

What do you mean you can hug people now?

Unless you knew me in person that might not make sense, but I've overcome some personal social barriers recently.  Still perpetually single, but I'll hopefully be able to work on that, sort of. lol  Hold on let me post it.  Part of it was this cool workshop/summer camp I went to.

EDIT:  Here - http://www.gamercide.org/forum/topic/10324-i-went-to-a-cool-summer-campworkshop-and-now-i-can-hug-people/

Ava's right. I was in relationships for most of my life. Enjoy some freedom before you start down the relationship road. I'm enjoying mine almost too much. lol

This honestly resonates with me a lot currently. Haven't been around a lot lately (gmercide is blocked at work and I don't have a cpu at home) but I just got out of a 3+ year relationship in April.

What started as an awesome college relationship turned into a miserable past 2 years. My gf went from a carefree fun person to a medschool student who had no time for anything, woke up everyday paranoid that it could be her last week in school before getting kicked out (despite her great grades) and my life went from being a social butterfly to traveling nonstop, spending weekends alone with her and slowly gaining 50 lbs over 2 years. I honestly should have broke it off sooner but I held onto all the great times we had in college, lying to myself that this was just a phase and once her first 2 years of medschool ended and she was in a hospital things would be different and that I loved her enough that I was willing to sacrifice my health, my social life and money to do my best to be there for her and help her through school. Looking back I can realize how much of an idiot I was.

This all boiled over before Easter when she had a full blown mental breakdown. For months she was only getting a few hours of sleep a day, constantly fearing she would fail her next big exam and when she realized her paranoia resulted in her neglecting to start studying for her boards she snapped. 5 days she cried nonstop, would not listen to anyone trying to calm her down, began mentioning suicide and other thoughts and I said enough is enough.

Haven't spoke to her since but I've heard she quit out of medschool, despite her top notch grades, purely from fear on how bad she could do on her boards. Now she has nearly $200,000 worth of debt and 2 useless undergraduate degrees with loans to payback. Meanwhile I've gotten back in shape, lost 50 lbs and back in my college shape, restarted my social life and reconnected with many old friends and got a promotion at work. Life is great.

Hope I can be here more but yeah Kev, relationships can be great, this past one was my first major relationship, and while it feels amazing to shake that monkey off your back, relationships aren't perfect and I didn't realize how much I took for granted being the king of my freetime and finances. The right girl will come around, in the meantime do you.

Sorry for the wall of text.

This honestly resonates with me a lot currently. Haven't been around a lot lately (gmercide is blocked at work and I don't have a cpu at home) but I just got out of a 3+ year relationship in April.

What started as an awesome college relationship turned into a miserable past 2 years. My gf went from a carefree fun person to a medschool student who had no time for anything, woke up everyday paranoid that it could be her last week in school before getting kicked out (despite her great grades) and my life went from being a social butterfly to traveling nonstop, spending weekends alone with her and slowly gaining 50 lbs over 2 years. I honestly should have broke it off sooner but I held onto all the great times we had in college, lying to myself that this was just a phase and once her first 2 years of medschool ended and she was in a hospital things would be different and that I loved her enough that I was willing to sacrifice my health, my social life and money to do my best to be there for her and help her through school. Looking back I can realize how much of an idiot I was.

This all boiled over before Easter when she had a full blown mental breakdown. For months she was only getting a few hours of sleep a day, constantly fearing she would fail her next big exam and when she realized her paranoia resulted in her neglecting to start studying for her boards she snapped. 5 days she cried nonstop, would not listen to anyone trying to calm her down, began mentioning suicide and other thoughts and I said enough is enough.

Haven't spoke to her since but I've heard she quit out of medschool, despite her top notch grades, purely from fear on how bad she could do on her boards. Now she has nearly $200,000 worth of debt and 2 useless undergraduate degrees with loans to payback. Meanwhile I've gotten back in shape, lost 50 lbs and back in my college shape, restarted my social life and reconnected with many old friends and got a promotion at work. Life is great.

Hope I can be here more but yeah Kev, relationships can be great, this past one was my first major relationship, and while it feels amazing to shake that monkey off your back, relationships aren't perfect and I didn't realize how much I took for granted being the king of my freetime and finances. The right girl will come around, in the meantime do you.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Good thing you got out when you did. If you would have married her, guess what her debt would be your debt then you guys would be miserable worrying about how to pay off yalls student loans and the plethora of all your other bills. I've got another year and half and I'll be debt free. 

Archived