LEGO Worlds

Kevnvek

Has anyone else checked out Lego Worlds yet?  It's similar to all of the block/crafting games out there, but this one is made out of LEGO, which instantly makes it better and more nostalgic.  I always used to play with them as a kid.  There's not a huge amount of content yet, but it definitely looks promising.  It's fun to just explore around and find stuff, and it actually reminds me a bit of Cube World as well, just without the RPG elements (yet, maybe some will be added).  There's freeform building too (piece by piece), but I didn't mess with it much, seems time consuming though you could make cool stuff.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332310/?snr=1_7_15__13

Watched my boy mess around with it and it looked pretty great.

Had the thought that since the bricks in free build are basically 1 to 1 to minifigs, just like real sets, you should be able to build based on real world set instructions and actually walk around whatever you build. May need slight modifications here and there, but it should work.

• 2 weeks later...

It's Early Access. There's still more content being made and released. Including the multiplayer update. With all the sets LEGO has, I'm sure it's going to have a gajillion different bricks and collectibles to use with your game.

*edit*

Here's information about Content Update #1

http://steamcommunity.com/app/332310/discussions/0/594820656458830443/

Watched my boy mess around with it and it looked pretty great.

Had the thought that since the bricks in free build are basically 1 to 1 to minifigs, just like real sets, you should be able to build based on real world set instructions and actually walk around whatever you build. May need slight modifications here and there, but it should work.

Now this could be pretty awesome.  Hope multiplayer comes soon, and I'll throw up a server.

Archived