Remember me guys!?

Cody

Back again once more. I'm engaged to be married next month, still in the Navy for another year. Stationed in Norfolk, VA onboard the USS George H.W. Bush (CVN-77) got voluntold to transfer to the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) it's the oldest aircraft carrier in the fleet. Since I told them I was getting out after my 4 years they're sending me there. No more duty, looking at around 4 hour work days. Going to start getting my fire fighter training here in VA. I'm a flight deck fire fighter so it won't require much further training. Plans after the Navy are to move to Alaska and become a state trooper there. My fiancée is from there. She is in the navy as well. She was on our 9 month deployment with us (although she only saw the last 3 months of it.) I've experienced a lot in the Navy. Been to Athens, Greece; Antalya, Turkey; Bahrain, Oman, Dubai, and finally Marseilles, France. I saw a good friend of mine get run over by a jet and lose his leg. I've done a lot of growing up and look forward to hearing from some old friends and making new ones!

Sounds like you have experienced a lot since we last talked to you.  Glad to see you back, and congratulations on your engagement.  Hope everything works out and goes smooth in you transition out of the Navy and in moving to Alaska.  We'll be seeing you around more I hope!

Sorry guys, my window regulator went out in the jeep last night so I've been drunkenly doing that. Man, even though I don't even have a console anymore I miss the comradery of this place! Definitely a rare find these days! How's everyone been??

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, my window regulator went out in the jeep last night so I've been drunkenly doing that. Man, even though I don't even have a console anymore I miss the comradery of this place! Definitely a rare find these days! How's everyone been??

Last time I changed a window regulator drunk, well, it turned out interesting. Next morning the window worked great, but my side panel was fucked something awful.

Archived