Square Enix to release Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, again, for the PS4

ThermoNukePanda

gapbzHQ.jpg

Square Enix announced plans this past December that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD would be making an appearance on their PS4 console.  Since that time they've been pretty silent on what exactly was the purpose of yet another retail offering would bring, not now they're talking about a May 12th release date for the re-re-release of the re-remastered version. 

That's a lot of re-re's for the low-low price of $49.99.

The company has revealed the newest version of the game will include:

• Ability to take advantadge of Remote Play with the PS Vita (which is actually pretty awesome)
  • Cross-save compatibility between PS3/PS Vita/PS4 systems
  • Double Enhanced textures, because you can't have a re-remaster of a re-re-release without better textures
  • Ability to switch freely between re-mastered soundtrack and the original soundtrack (something fans sorely wanted from the original remaster)

What do you think?  Are you getting sick of all the remasters and re-releases being ported out to this gen's consoles?  Let us know!

I find it amusing that this game has now been released across not only three console generations but also vita and pc.

Where's my FF7 remake!? :)

You might be thinking of XIII, X hasn't been released on PC.  I do think this is dumb though.  I don't like that the PS4 and Xbox One aren't backwards compatible to begin with.  PS3 and 360 games aren't "outdated" or anything yet, the upgrade to the current generation is hardly as significant as the last few, other than more powerful hardware.

Oh, I read something about it getting a PC release soon as well. 

I agree it's really dumb though to keep rehashing the same old games.  Like not even reboots of classics, but straight up ports with slightly better textures and load times. 

I'm glad I still have my launch PS3 in amazing working order than is backwards compat with PS2.  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived