Ubisoft CEO: 'A Few Things Were Not Perfect' In Assassin's Creed Unity

Kira Onime

Article

With this game, a few things were not perfect when the game was launched. But the engine has been created, and it's going to help the brands to shine in the future.

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-ceo-a-few-things-were-not-perfect-in-assassins-1685442865?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

ld5xxx598bxl3qubwimi.gif

Obligatory....

1393.gif

But yeah, the game was a clusterfrack when it first launched.  Soooo  many glitches, sub-teen framerates, horrible UPlay problems, blah blah blah.  The fixed a lot, that much I give them, but the game was pretty broke when it launched. 

I find it surprising that it had issues on consoles. That's pretty much unacceptable since you  are designing for a set of hardware that is the same across the board. Should have been no reason not to have it fully tested.

I don't remember who it was that said it but companies now can get away with releasing broken games since they know they'll be able to patch it afterwards. Better that than pushing it back and missing the holiday deadline where sales won't be as good.

That patch stuff really kills us folk who don't have internet at home. Can you just imagine buying a car and getting Yeah we know there's a knock and they're trying to fix the prob. We will call you when we fix it so you can bring the car back for the fix

Archived