Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens Official Teaser Trailer #1

PeeKnuckle

Am I the only one who much rather prefers these teasers then a full blown trailer? I saw everything I needed to want to see this movie. JJ Abrams seems to have nailed the atmosphere of the original trilogy. I'd much rather go see Episode 7 knowing only what's in this trailer then the spoiler filled trailers that litter cinema these days that pretty much are 3 min recaps of all the highlights in the movie and gives away the plot twists.

When I watched this for the first time, I thought it was a parody of the actual trailer. Wasn't until the X Wings and Millenium Falcon that it clicked it was the actual trailer.

I had seen links on social media all that day and finally clicked one. First thirty five seconds in, I thought for sure it was a parody.

Meh.  That dude at the beginning...I thought it was a joke at first.  Disappointed....I wanted to see Gwendoline Christie.  She is badass in Game of Thrones.  Can't wait to see how she is in this movie!

Nobody knows who John Boyega is?  That's pretty surprising.

I am overly obsessive Star Wars fan.  I promise, you will find no one more invested in the franchise than me and I will say J.J. appears to have nailed the tone and look of the Original Trilogy.  It looks amazingly well done with a mix of practical and special effects.  I want to see more, but not enough to spoil any of the story. 

This trailer (teaser trailer, whatever) harkens back to the days of old when they showed you just enough to get you excited.  It seems we are all spoiled by current movie trailers that give you the entire story (Looking at you Jurassic World) in 2 or 3 minutes.  I hate knowing what is going to happen going in...It's bad enough knowing what beats are going to be hit in a movie before they happen anyway.  I don't need to see the whole movie in the trailer.

The x-wings were awesome, but the MF gave me chills with the music, I am with Spawn, I don't want to know too much going in, as long as its a good story then it doesn't matter what the trailer shows, there are some things I would like to see them address in the movies but as long as its a good story I can live with that.

I don't want to get to much into the hype because no matter what they do people are going to bitch like no tomorrow. 

Archived