Sony Not Feeling The Heat Of Microsoft's Xbox One Price Cut

Siren

At beginning of November, Microsoft temporarily (until January 2015) dropped the price of Xbox One consoles by $50 and since then has seen a huge spike in sales. So much that the Xbox One has out sold the PS4 in the United States for the past two weeks. When Sony was asked how they felt about the success of the Xbox One consoles following the price cut, they responded by saying they are still in the "battle".

"No, not at all. It's going to be a very competitive holiday season. Everyone's going to move their numbers the best way they can. We're going to be fully engaged in that battle," said SCEA President Shawn Layden speaking to Gamespot when asked about if they were feeling the pressure about the rise in sales of the Xbox One due to the price cut.

As far as numbers go in the sales department, Microsoft has sold more than 10 million Xbox One consoles to retailers since launch, while Sony's PS4 has sold 13.5 million to consumers world wide with 10 million of those consoles being sold from it's launch through August.

If you are looking to pick up one of these consoles this holiday season, Sony is offering a Black Friday PS4 bundle for $400 that includes GTA V and The Last of Us. For $330, Microsoft will be offering an Xbox One bundle that includes Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

via Gamespot

Click here to view the article

Cause PS4 is amazeballs... *toot toot*  :D

Seriously though, to each their own on console preference.  Apparently people are super scamming Wal-Mart though with their whole Amazon price matching thing and picking up PS4's and stuff for like $90.

We just bought our second Xbox One this week, b/c of the price drop (and if you saw my rant in another thread about the controller disconnect/console issue we were still having with our day one edition console you would know why we bought it) but let me tell you....I don't know.  There was a HUGE issue with the xbox live service last night and syncing everything.  Literally everything you went to do; play a game, use youtube, browse the internet, etc...it would not sync your data, pull up saves, etc...  The same exact problem for a friend of Jason's last night as well.  When we checked the service tab thingy that lets you see if there is an issue with the xbox live service as a whole it claimed everything was fine.  So I don't know if it was console issue (which considering this is a new console it better not be and his friend was having the exact same problem) or the service tab was wrong and there was a problem. You couldn't even connect to a party or send messages.  We also had the controller disconnect happen a couple times, but I believe that was due to Jason having the controller under a blanket when he was playing instead of being in direct view of the console, because after he put it in plain sight it was okay.  So yeah....still not super impressed with the Xbox One but I am happy that all of these games are finally coming out.  Hopefully I can start streaming them soon!!!

I've got all the next gen systems at this point (I count the Wii U as one) and all 3 are great, depending on what you want to play. I prefer the Dualshock 4 to the redesigned XOne controller and for that reason, multi platform games, I pick the PS4 version. Small amounts of exclusives aside, though, I prefer the Wii U for sheer fun in gaming. From Mario to Bayonetta to Smash Bros to Hyruke Warriors...If you're a Nintendo fan and want to play some straight up FUN games...They are doing it right. All 3 are great game systems that deserve a nod from everyone in the gaming community for their strengths.

All 3 are great game systems that deserve a nod from everyone in the gaming community for their strengths.

Agreed.

For me it's PS4 all the way for a couple reasons.  As Spawn said, the dualshock 4 is great (although I'm not a fan of the battery life of them).  Share-Play is reeeaaaalllly cool.  Graphically the system has had a slight leg up on the Xbone (not much, but it's there).  I can upgrade my PS4 without voiding the warranty and have done so (thanks 2TB HDD!).  Using my Vita while the TV is in use by someone else that allows me to keep playing anywhere in the house is awesome.  And considering you have to pay the annual fee on BOTH systems to use online functions I feel Sony tends to have the better offering with the whole PS+ free games that extends across their whole family of consoles.

Just my two cents, but as Spawn said, they're all great.

I've got all the next gen systems at this point (I count the Wii U as one) and all 3 are great, depending on what you want to play. I prefer the Dualshock 4 to the redesigned XOne controller and for that reason, multi platform games, I pick the PS4 version. Small amounts of exclusives aside, though, I prefer the Wii U for sheer fun in gaming. From Mario to Bayonetta to Smash Bros to Hyruke Warriors...If you're a Nintendo fan and want to play some straight up FUN games...They are doing it right. All 3 are great game systems that deserve a nod from everyone in the gaming community for their strengths.

Your right on the mark with this. I don't have a PS4 yet so I can't comment on that part but I totally agree the Wii U is sheer fun in gaming. I picked one up about a month ago and just love it. It feels more next gen in some ways than the X1 and PS4. The gaming pad with the screen is much better than I though it would be. I grew up with NES and Super Nintendo when I was a kid and so glad I picked this console up. I can't put Super Smash Bros Wii U down.

Like I said the only one I don't have is the PS4 and was hoping for a black friday deal but not really seeing one that is as amazing as the X1 deals. Keeping my eyes open but the X1 is a great system with good support. Sunset Overdrive was fun and more games are coming. Dragon Age Inquisition has my attention at the moment.

@ThermoNukePanda - yeah I am going to get a PS4 for sure sometime soon. Can't miss Bloodborne. You might already know but on the X1 you can use an external drive of any size as long as it is above 250GB to extend your memory. Digital Foundry has a great in-depth guide on this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

Yep. I just can't see buying a console for one or a few console exclusive games. I refuse to enable these companies to keep doing not only console exclusives, but timed exclusives as well.

Before I got my "smart" TV, I was only using my Xbox 360 to watch Netflix. I'm not about to throw down another $300+ for a future media viewer. Got a few already.

Funny part is, there's really nothing new that's a great exclusive for any of them at the moment. Mostly remakes.  I couldn't begin to tell you why I really bought it. I have 100s of hours worth of games to finish on my PC too, games I really want to play.  Guess I just have the sickness.  Plus, exclusive though it may be, Last of Us is a favorite of mine.