New.... but not

Twiztid Rose

Hahaha. Now that's a reaction. HI PK!! Geez I've missed you lol. How have you been??

I've been doing pretty good. Still dealing with my damn pain issues. Altho recently my pain doc approved me to get my medical mary card. I want to get off these damn opiates!!!! Shane and I are still together, had our 23rd anniversary in January. The kids (altho they aren't kids anymore) are great. =)

I've been on the green meds fully for about 2 years now. Highly recommend, especially if you're prescribed potentially dangerous pills. Sativa by day and Indica at night. If you haven't tried cannabis in awhile, I would try smoking / vaping to find your comfort zone. Edibles are crazy. If you find a good dispensary with consistent edible strength, then you could do that as well for longer term pain relief. I don't, though. I or my roomie make them and we cannot for the life of us make the doses consistent. A one time bad experience with edibles can totally scare one off of cannabis. Which is a shame, because it does work.

I also suggest a little vape pen for when you're away from home, on the road etc. It has less of a smell and you can take some medicine without causing a scene.

I'm really happy you found your way back to us. Glad to hear your family is doing well, too!

Holy crap! I thought I heard Shanes motorcycle so I went out to open the garage for him, but it wasn't him. But Ashley had the not so bright idea to spray cooking spray on herself in the middle of the kitchen to tan by the pool. I walked into the kitchen and damn near broke my neck! Grrr....

But anyway. I haven't experimented too much yet. I know exactly what you mean by "scare you off cannabis" though. Before I got my card I was smoking a strain called Dream Queen I was getting from my brother, which was great. But the dispensary I went to didn't carry it (I thought), so I ended up with Godfather OG. OMG I'm telling you I had the WORST panic attack when I went to bed! If Shane didn't have his arms around me and talk me through it idk what would have happened lol! It was awful. In my mind I was paralyzed, but Shane said I was flailing my arms and legs every which way. I gave that crap away haha! And now that I've found out they DO carry my Dream Queen and have bought some I CANNOT get any sleep whatsoever!! I have been using CBD and THC drops though that are pretty cool.

I actually quit smoking cics about 4 months ago now. And I'm vaping, I love the flavors haha. I was going to look into vaping cannabis. Would I have to have separate vape pens?

Have you checked out the app Leafly? Its a really cool cannabis app, that breaks down what each strain does for you.

I'm glad I made my way back too!! =) <33

That Godfather should have been perfect for night time since it's an Indica. Maybe you smoked too much, and wasn't ready for that much of a 'couch lock'. It can happen. I've laid in my hammock after smoking some good Indica well past sun down and was just laying in the dark, unwilling to move. lol

You'd want different vape pens for nicotine and cannabis. If your dispensary has a good collection of cannabis oils for pens, I'd go that route. It's less bothersome than constantly loading up a flower vape pen (buds). Our buddy Fap does the THC pills and he swears by them. I've never tried them, though, so cannot say otherwise. I do use a tincture, though, and it's very mellow. About four drops on the tongue and I have a subtle body and head high in 10-15 minutes.

Leafly is pretty great. I've noticed a couple errors in their info, but it's still a new-ish app. Better to have something like that than not in my opinion.

I have a flower pen, but rarely use it for reasons stated earlier. I'm a joint man. Always have been. I just reach over and pull a few drags when needed and it works for me.

Big congrats on quitting smoking!!!

First of all, thanks for the congrats. Its going to stick this time. It would have last time, but Shane and I stupidly thought we could smoke cigars or cigarillos just while being social. It did work for awhile. Then I guess we became very social people lmfao! I also have to admit I actually thought cigars didn't have nicotine. OH! My vape juice doesn't have nicotine either. I am completely off cigs! Heehee. Actually one of the reasons I wanted to smoke cigars was the different flavors. Now, I am blown away by vaping. The flavors are awesome! And I'm only using it on average about 2-3 hours a day in the evenings. I didn't want the vape to take over my cig habit. And I've achieved that. So I'm very proud of myself for that! =) Now I'm just trying to control my mind telling me I'm hungry all the fucking time!! GRRR.

Yup, that's exactly what I thought about the Godfather too lol. I'd love to tell you about the whole experience, it was insane. To me it seemed like we were in bed for quite some time, Shane said it was only 4 minutes!!!! He already had his arms around me as we were going to sleep and he could feel my heart begin to race and my breathing begin to speed up. But I was having a full on war in my mind.

Lol, well I guess I've never experienced couch lock before, is it so bad I'd feel literally paralyzed? I took three good hits off my little pipe. Which could very well be "too much" for a light weight like me haha.

Whats the high like with vaping? (Yes, the dispensary I went to does have the oils. So I'd just need another regular vape pen?) See, I'm wanting something that is more a body high than a head high. I don't like being high. I can't get shit done!!! LOL. I've been taking my meds so long at the same dosage I don't even get any kind of a high from it anymore. So I that's why I checked out the drops. Which I think might be the tincture you mentioned. Except they told me to put it under my tongue. And I use a dropper full. I LOVE the one for sleep I'm using. 

You're a joint man, and I'd rather do it another way. Just haven't figured that way out yet lol.

OMG PK I'm so glad to be back. I didn't have anyone to talk to about this stuff. Don't get me wrong, I've got our friends that smoke pot. But they don't do it for pain. And they don't know all this stuff. Feels good to have someone to throw my questions at! :) Thanks!! <33

Vaping, even without nicotine is a pretty damn good tool to help quit smoking. It satisfies the oral fixation that addicted smokers have and they get to inhale and exhale. I quit long ago just having a cigarette sized chopstick in my mouth. I looked dumb as hell, but it helped me. Had it also allowed me to puff and exhale, it probably would have stuck.

Definitely an anxiety attack, which is actually not as rare as some would have you believe. Especially for someone who is a lightweight and ends up taking too much. I prefer to err on the "barely high, need to have another hit" side rather than the "I took two extra hits than normal, and now my world feels like it's ending".  And that happened to me not too long ago. It was a double dose candy edible, and it wasn't clearly labeled. I had been doing the single dose candies with zero negative effects. The label for dose on this particular candy, is a color band. Very easy to miss. I was fine at first, but then my body started acting funny, and I wanted a reprieve from it. So, I headed to bed. While in bed, I swear I could feel each internal organ screaming at me for fucking up so badly. It felt as if I could feel the THC traveling and affecting each organ as it passed by. IT WAS MISERABLE. It was a long while before I tried edibles again, and even then, I halved each edible I tried, to be safe.

Couch lock can be good or bad. The above paragraph was an example of bad. I was scared to move and just praying I would hurry and fall asleep so I could get past it. When you're in bad pain, couch lock is a blessing. You're so blitzed and comfortable, that pretty much the only thing on your mind ... is relaxation. Which is when I'm in my most painless state. It's been a sort of ritual for me, to go out to my hammock with my Kindle, get super fucked up and then read till I fall asleep. At night, I rarely sleep well at all, so I try and make up for it in the afternoons. My ritual works for me. Yours could end up being something totally different though.

Your question about body high vs head high and being able to get stuff done is going to be hard to answer. Here's why: Indica slows you down and can lock you up (couch, whatever). So, it's not exactly a daytime medicine. Sativa on the other hand, is a daytime medicine. Depending on strain, how it was grown (outdoor, indoor, hydroponic etc) and it's age (younger is better) will determine. Your own tolerance can as well. Sativa is the get shit done medicine. That's seriously the best way for me to describe it. If I smoked Indica the way I smoke Sativa each day, absolutely nothing would get done around here. It's also more social. I cannot handle being around people if I am high on Indica. I am typically too high and my mind starts to make me paranoid. Am I reclining in this chair too far? Is that why Maria is smiling weirdly at me right now? It's an irrational fear, too. Which for me, drives me insane. Deep down I know it's irrational, but while high ... I can't shake it. Not on Indica. Sativa, I am usually the one talking the most and laughing / smiling every other second. It's also when I do my stretching and any work I need done for the day. Workouts are fantastic while high on Sativa. Sex, too, but I'm sure you know that already. lol

The one thing I don't really like with vaping is, I never know how much of a hit I am taking, and that's pretty important if you're new, or a lightweight. The vapor typically doesn't react in the back of your throat like a joint, pipe or bong does, so you usually end up taking more of a hit. So, just remember that several small hits aren't a bad thing until you develop a steady rhythm and get to know your threshold.

Oh yeah -- STAY AWAY FROM DABS! If you think that night you had in Shane's arms was bad ... lol. Honestly, it'll be some form of concentrate that ultimately fucks up medical cannabis for all of us. As it stands now, there aren't specific deaths attributed to cannabis. It's only a matter of time before someone dabs, causes an accident and kills themselves or others, though. "Greenouts" is a thing, and they can be dangerous. It's when you take an enormous toke and you get so lightheaded that you pass out. Typically, no one catches the fall of someone greened out, and they hurt themselves when they hit the ground or whatever.

I'm happy to be here to answer the questions you have! If I can, of course.

Oh yeah, vaping is a great smoking cessation tool! Ian (my son) quit smoking by vaping. I am quitting by using Chantix. I'm still on it. 

I'm thinking I'm going to have to try Godfather OG again. I'm just afraid of having another damn panic attack. It was the very first time I had smoked it lol. I was terrified! I was even hyperventilating. Shane kept telling me it's ok, you're just high. I yelled at him OMG I know I'm high, you're not listening to me! There's a little bit of back story to it too.

I just know I want to find a strain to knock my ass out at night, and obviously something to do for pain. Leafly says pain is the #1 benefit of my Dream Queen. I'm just gonna have to smoke it during the day and see how I do haha. It's a hybrid though, but i think it's sativa dominant.

I think though that the stuff I was getting from my brother is different than the stuff I'm getting from the dispensary. Its still Dream Queen, but it's different. The high is definitely different. 

Anyways, goodnight PK!! So glad to be back. 

ROOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

nHyjdUb.gif

Freaking awesome to see you around and double congrats on quitting smoking!  I've been struggling with it myself and working hard on it but it's a battle as I'm sure you know!!

I'm glad I messaged you through the Xbox site and told you to come back and say hi!  Happy anniversary to you and Shane also! 

And silly NY.  We have medical mary but we can't really get it.  The restrictions are outrageous, and you can't actually get it.  Only like pills and some mild edibles AFAIK and it's impossible to find a doctor. 

13 hours ago, Twiztid Rose said:

I think though that the stuff I was getting from my brother is different than the stuff I'm getting from the dispensary. Its still Dream Queen, but it's different. The high is definitely different.

Happens a lot, especially with the strain Girl Scout Cookies. Everyone and their mom swears up and down that they got some GSC, but it's more than likely  some person was trying to sell their bottom shelf bammer. It is possible one of the strains you tried was grown indoors, and your brother's was outdoor. Outdoor tends to have a slight alfalfa type smell on top of it's original smell. I pretty much smoke outdoor exclusively, but will pick up a good indoor when I'm down in the Bay Area.

If you have access to Green Crack, I'd highly suggest it's Sativa strain as your day time medicine. It won't knock out all of your pain, but you'll be buzzing around doing all you need to do during the day. I think Romulan or even Headband would be a good second sleep time strain if you can't find your Dream Queen. Romulan is really good, but be sure to take it slow in the beginning. One hit at a time until you're comfortable. Wait up to 10 minutes between hits. I start with two, wait and then see if I need another.

Also, if you're into the tinctures, buy several of the one you like. Keep one in your bedroom, and another wherever you spend your time most during the day.

Hey Rose! Long time!  I've got a few suggestions to add on the medical. I get panic attacks quite a bit from smoking too so I mainly stick with edibles. I almost always stay away from Sativa based products, for me it's almost always a guaranteed panic attack. Obviously the issue with Indica is it makes you tired and ready for bed, but that's my go to for everything since it doesn't cause panic attacks.  

Best balance I've found is a spray called gold mist. Really mellow, discrete and easy to control the dose. It's been pretty helpful with pain as well. 

Another suggestion I might have is a topical spray called dit da jow. My wife's cousin makes his own, he recently started adding mj to it to give it an extra kick. I sent him a text to see if it would be something that may help with your pain, I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

I really would suggest giving edibles another shot. Try to find something that doesn't look homemade and has the dosage on the package - 10mg with 25% THC and 75% CBD, is a good combo to start. I travel to up to Washington a lot for work so I hit up the recreational dispensaries every chance I get. Most of the edibles I've had from recreational spots have been pretty mellow since they're restricted to 10mg max per edible, where medical is unregulated and can be extremely powerful. 

@Twiztid Rose I don't know about your area, but it could be worth it to you if there were a cannabis co-op in your area. Depending on how they run theirs, you'd give them a copy of your license for them to hold, and they would grow your amount your license entitles you to. You could also swap strains with other members. You'd never have to grow or spend money on dispensaries, unless you wanted to. All of them are different, so get all the specifics before joining one. Talk to other members if you can, get a feel for it, etc. I can talk to you more about it in private if you'd like. It's definitely a great option for some.

Hahaha HAAAAAAAY Ava. Hope it was good thoughts lol. Any news about the book?

Thanks Kev, glad to be back! :)

@PeeKnuckle Idk about co-op's. I'll have to look into it though. Shane's cousin Scott has a buddy that grows. He guy grows some of Scott's allowance for him. I might be able to get him to grow something for me too. He's usually got some good shit. I'm just not looking to get lit like they are lol. He's hooked me up with blunts before and they've lasted me ages lol.

Yeah, I swear, the Dream Queen I got from my bro was more of a body high. I absolutely loved it. What I'm getting from the dispensary is a lot more heady. But it does still help with my pain, I just liked the other much better. I'm actually thinking my Dream Queen needs to be my daytime strain. Unless I can find something even better for my pain. I took a hit yesterday afternoon and I was feeling great. I didn't have any plans on doing anything, so I just watched tv and relaxed. But I was able to stay awake. Shane laughed his ass off at me lol. The our friend Juan and his kids came over, so I gave him a bowl. He was lit! Lol. 

@ThermoNukePanda Hey Chris! Yes, thank you for reaching out to me on Xbox. I tend to stupidly get in my head and think "oh they don't or won't miss me anyway..." So it's nice to be reminded that you are missed. :wub:

Thanks for the congrats! It is hard, I know. I hate to say it, when I know it's such a struggle for you, but I'm not having any withdrawal at all. I'm sure I've said this before, but I SWEAR by Chantix!!! The stuff is awesomesauce! I have no problem quitting using it, it's actually the only way I can quit that works for me. I definitely recommend trying it Chris if you haven't. Good luck! 

@Faperture Hey Fap! ;) Ugh, panic attacks are hell. I hope to God I never have one again. What sucks is my attack was on an indica. I've only been to one dispensary so far, and they don't deal with edibles. An old friend of mine from high school (she actually just cut off my hair the other day! :P) said she could hook me up with edibles, but I haven't asked her more about it yet.

@ everyone lol Thanks for all the helpful info!! You have no idea how much this helps me guys. :wub:

Oh, I forgot... PK, you said something about sex being good or something while high. I don't know about that... YET. But omg.... My Dream Queen gives me nymph brain during the night! I want to wake up Shane all night! But I can't or actually won't. He definitely wouldn't complain, but he has major problems going back to sleep. So I "suffer" till he wakes up for work! But I'm not high anymore by then lol.

I tried the whole Chantix thing.  I had a TERRIBLE reaction unfortunately and had to quit using it after 2 1/2 weeks.  I became mega aggressive, paranoid and it's hard to describe but I had this sense of "impending doom" as like a hovering feeling, like an orb right behind my head that I couldn't see or touch, like a constant feeling of something terrible is going to happen at any moment.  My doctor took me off it ASAP.  *sighs*

Rose! So glad to see you back!  I wish I could join in on the fun, but work makes it impossible for me except the rare occasion in between randoms.  I have used the vapes to stop smoking though.  I had great luck the first time I used them, but then I fell off and ended up using both. Was vaping like crazy at home and smoking at work.  I finally had to put both down and use the patches, but I've done well since then. I've had a few drunken fueled cigars since then, but nothing regular.  Still, the appeal of the vape is great, and I certainly felt much better using it then smoking.  I bet it would be great with the oils, but I'm with PK on it being hard to know how much you're hitting at once. Would probably have to take it pretty easy. Though, I bet you could mix a little in with one of the 0mg nicotine flavors and make it more manageable.

Archived